WPDSA Online Driver's Education Program
|Program Troubleshooting Page|
If you are having an issue with a unit, please first check the notes below. 95% of reported issues can be resolved by reading the notes listed below.
If you are unable to resolve the issue, please fill out and submit a Unit Problem Report.
Please keep in mind that investigating and resolving issues may take a few days.
********** IMPORTANT NOTICE **********
As more and more school districts and businesses suspend in-person activities, internet usage will increase. The increased usage of the internet may result in longer download times, buffering of videos, lost connections, and unable to connect issues. The more devices in your household accessing the internet, the greater the chances of you encountering these issues.
WPDSA Online has no control of these issues.
What is the issue you are having?
Please click on the issue below to see what may have happened.
|CHROME USERS - CLEAR CACHE|
If you are using a ChromeBook or Chrome web browser, please be sure to clear the cache after a few units. Once the cache fills up, your device will no longer allow the videos to load and play. To clear your device's cache, please refer to the users manual or google it. Due to each device being set up differetly, WPDSA Online is not able to tell you how to clear the cache on your device.
This issue is with Chrome and not the WPDSA Oline program. It all depends on the ChromeBook's processor and internal memory.
School Issued Chrome Books
|If you are using a school issued Chrome Book, please be aware that if you did not have the school authorized the Chrome Book to run the WPDSA Online Driver's Education Program web sites (www.wpdsastudents.org and www.wisconsindrivingschools.org) some program units may not work properly.|
If Unit 05 Section 02 video only plays for approx. 4 seconds and then restarts, this usally indicates that the school issed Chrome Book was not authorized to run the WPDSA Online Driver's Education Program web sites.
To resolve this issue, the student will need to take the school issued device to the school and have the school authorize the device to run the WPDSA Online Driver's Education Program web sites (www.wpdsastudents.org and www.wisconsindrivingschools.org).
You could also try disabling hardware acceleration.
-- go to youtube and open a video to play
-- right click on player
-- click on settings
-- uncheck hardware acceleration
-- restart your browser and try playing the video again
|How do I check to see what units are registered as completed?|
To check to see what units have been registered as completed, just click on the "ACTIVITY" tab at the bottom of the unit listing.
It will show you the listing of the completed units and the date and time the unit was completed. Once you complete the Unit 30 and Unit 60 exams, the exam dates and scores will show on the activity page.
To return to the unit listing, just click on "Back to Main Page" tab located at top of the unit activity page.
|General Issues with the Program (Firewall and Security Settings)|
|Due to the WPDSA Online Driver's Education Program needing to send information to and from the WPDSA servers, the device you are using needs to allow the WPDSA servers to communicate with your device. To do so, you will need to allow your device to communicate with the WPDSA servers. To allow the communication between your device and the WPDSA server, you will need to:|
- allow the WPDSA web sites (www.wpdsastudents.org and www.wisconsindrivingschools.org) to send data to and from your device by listing the WPDSA web sites in the devices security settings as safe sites to visit.
- turn off the firewall while accessing the WPDSA Online Driver's Education Program web sites (www.wpdsastudents.org and www.wisconsindrivingschools.org). Please remember to turn the firewall back on when not using the WPDSA program.
|General Issues with the Program (Internet Connection)|
|Due to the WPDSA Online Driver's Education Program needing to send information to and from the WPDSA servers, the device you are using needs to be connected to the internet while using the program.|
- If your device loses internet connection while using the WPDSA program, the program will automatically shut the current unit you are working on down on the server and will not allow you to register the unit as completed. The unit may stay active on your device but when you click on the "Completed" button, you will receive a server error message.
- If you know that you lost internet connection while working on a unit, please log off the unit and close the web browser. You will then need to access the program again from the main log-in page located at: www.wpdsastudents.org The program does not save partially completed units and will require you to start the unit from the beginning.
- To ensure that this does not happen, be sure to have a good and strong internet connection when using the WPDSA program. Please keep in mind that the more devices you connect to the internet at one time, the weaker the signal gets if using WIFI. For best results, use a device that uses a hard wired connection to the internet.
|Accessing the Program (I did not receive a username and password)|
The WPDSA Online DE program does not issue the username and password to the student. The username and password are issued to the driving school that you are registered with. Please DO NOT contact WPDSA Online for your username and password. You need to contact the driving school you are registered with for that information.
If you registered for the program but did not receive a username and password, then:
- you may not have finished the registration process completely. (See directions for filling out and submitting the registration.)
- your registration form had errors or missing information and was not able to be processed by WPDSA Online.
- you filled out and submitted multiple registration forms which results in the system not being able to process the registration forms until it can determine which form to use. When you fill out and submit the same registration form multiple times, an account is created for each registration form received by the system. If the system has multiple registration forms from the same student, it will not process the registrations until it is determined which account to use.
To resolve this issue, you must contact the driving school you are registrered with to find out what needs to be done.
DO NOT FILL OUT A NEW REGISTRATION FORM UNLESS INSTRUCTED TO DO SO BY THE DRIVING SCHOOL OR WPDSA ONLINE.
|Accessing the Program (Your login attempt was not successful message)|
|If the student is not able to access the WPDSA program and receives a message that reads "Your login attempt was not successful. Please try again." or "incorrect username/password", the student needs to check to be sure they are using the correct username and/or password that was assigned to the student. If you receive this message:|
- check with the driving school you are registered with to be sure the username and password are correct.
- be sure you are logging in from the correct log-in area for the program you registered for.
The username and password are CASE SENSITIVE.
- be sure you are placing the HYPHEN in the username. (288-0000)
- be sure you are using CAPITAL LETTERS when entering the password. (123CL18)
If you enter the incorrect password 3 (three) or more times, the system will lock you out and your account will need to be reset by the program administrator. If you feel you are locked out, please fill out and submit a Unit Problem Report and indicate in the text field that you think your account may be locked. Locked accounts may take up to 48 hours to be unlocked once the Unit Problem Report is submitted.
If you have not had any activity on your account for more than 6 months, the system will lock your account. You must contact the driving school you are registered with to have WPDSA Online unlock your account due to no activity for 6 months.
|Accessing the Program (Sever Error: Incorrect Syntax Near '='.)|
If the student received a Sever Error message that indicates "Incorrect Syntax Near '='., it indicates that the student is not able to access the account due to an incorrect email address.
This would be due to the student providing an email addresses that is not vailid when registering for the program.
To correct this issue, you must notify the driving school you are registered with about the issue and determine which email address the system needs to use.
|Accessing the Program (Using the correct log-in area)|
Due to the WPDSA offering several different programs, the student needs to make sure they are logging in from the correct log-in area.
Always be sure you are logging into the program from the main page located at: www.wpdsastudents.org Logging in from a different web page may result in your completed units not being registered as completed or you may receive a server error message when clicking on the "Completed" button.
Also be sure you are logging in under the correct log-in area for the program you are registered for.
To correct this issue, always log-in from the main WPDSA program page: www.wpdsastudents.org
|Which web browser works best with the program?|
The WPDSA Online DE program works best using Chrome or Microsoft Edge. The WPDSA Online DE program was built using microsoft based programs.
Due to some issues with the Chrome and Firefox programs, the WPDSA Online DE program does not always work well with them. This is an issue on Chrome's and Firefox's end and not the WPDSA program. Chrome and Firefox browsers like to refresh themselves often which then messes with the unit timing part of the WPDSA Online DE program.
To help correct this issue, change the page auto refresh timer to longer than 45 minutes. If you have the page auto refresh timer set below 30 minutes, you may receive a server error message when you click on the "Completed" button.